Were you born and raised in consumer culture? Me too. It feels like I have to carve my creative self out of a dense consumer shell. Sometimes my desire to have a milkshake and be a couch potato is so strong!
For me, creativity is stepping up to my life. It is not a one-time job. Each new day craves creative effort. I find that an uphill feeling is the norm, and a downhill ride is a treat! And so is the occasional milkshake ;)
Sometimes being creative is expansive, easy and revelatory, other times it is like an ox plowing the field – slow methodical digging that does not appear to end. But it does, and then you have a breakthrough!
So many things we do can be creative:
- Listening and being present with someone
- Making food and house cleaning
- Running a business and working with focus
- Relationships and parenting
- And last but not least, MAKING ART!
What do you do to be creative?